Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What You Need to Know This Month to Avoid Ostracism (with me, anyway, or something)

The phrase “good look” - or its variant “it’s a good look” - has been creeping up everywhere lately as a sort of summary exclamation point in blogs and conversations (i.e. John McCain’s blowing his Repub prez. nom. deal by trying to cater to everyone: “It’s not a good look”); personally, I sorta blame Beyonce’s “Upgrade U” for everybody from scenester crits to my mom throwing it around with impunity. The buck stops here, folks: I am hereby declaring a moritorium on this use of this elitist, arrogant word-construction. Using it makes you sound like a fucking America’s Next Top Model judge, Simon Cowell, or Anna Wintour. So cease and desist! Feel me? -2,000 VOGUES

2 comments:

minorpoet said...

I feel you.

Check out this interview of Brian Eno by Lester Bangs. We need another Bangs. Up for it?

http://music.hyperreal.org/artists/brian_eno/interviews/musn79.html

Raymond Cummings said...

that's a great, great piece. damn. a lot to live up to, dude, a high high bar.