Sunday, December 03, 2006

I was just frontin'!

It's been almost a year since I started this blog, but it feels more like a couple of months, which is ridiculous. For 2007 I'll resolve to update more often as long as you resolve to visit this page more often :) What's funny is that I have tons to blog about but somehow no time to blog, or maybe it's that I'm not making enough time to blog, so some of the entries will be just short random thoughts or images of whatever. Before I started blogging I'd see people post pictures of sunsets or street scenes, etc. and I'd be all "that's cheating, that's boring, that's crap!" But now I understand - sometimes a jpeg says more than a screed could, and sometimes you don't even have a screed prepared.

Anyway, lately I've written about a decent religious indie-rock band, a crappy Green Day biography, a shamelessly derivative party-rock trio, and some other stuff nobody cares much about.

Pazz & Jop gets some competition, for obvious reasons. Gonna be a fun December...

Jeff/Thom's band's back and better than ever, check 'em out!

From the bitch’n’whine department: how come, on the coldest bloody day of the year, neither of the gas pumps I had to use this morning could operate independently of my hands? It was 30 degrees out, I hadn’t thought to bring along gloves, and what do you know, the triggers wouldn’t stick and stay in place as I was filling up with the cheap stuff, the result being that my skin almost froze to those icy, icy thin mould-borne strips of steel.

2 comments:

Raymond Cummings said...

Thom, if yr reading this, Tim looks totally terrifying in that picture - maybe it's the blonde dye job? I dunno.

Good tunes, though, I approve.

mattymatty said...

Hey Dr. Cummings! I had no idea you were writing online. Thom told me about this. Its good to catch up on whats going on with you, even if its a kinda creepy way to do it (i.e. without you knowing about it). I heard you talked on the phone with Dave Grafton recently. He was here in Philly and told me about it a bit. you know, I really should just send you this in an email.

My name is Matt Kory and I approve this comment