Friday, November 10, 2006

BOO-YAA, Hot Damn, Oh, SNAP: Dems Take Back Congress For First Time Since 1994, Hunter S. Thompson Does Backflips In Grave







It it unseemly to gloat? Sure it is, but who cares - we totally won this time.

Perhaps it's foolish of me to feel this way just a couple days after Election Day, but I'm overcome by a sense of political optimism that hasn't been this strong since, say, October 2004. Nothing much will ultimately change, really, but right now I feel like John Travolta at the end of "Staying Alive," and I imagine a lot of other folks do, too. Rumsfeld's being put out to pasture was just icing on the proverbial cake.

Okay, Pelosi, Reid, et al. - this is our window, or chance to start making America a decent nation again; don't blow it.

Also: BOO!

2 comments:

The Constable said...

That is a fantastic portrait of the Santorum family--I hope they put it on their Christmas cards.

Raymond Cummings said...

Somehow I don't see that happening, but we can hope.

I oughta link to a bunch of crazy photoshopped versions of that picture, but that would probably be going too TOO far....