Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Nodin!

Alecia took this really sweet picture of Nodin with his face all smeared with birthday cake and icing (blue and white) that I was totally prepared to post here without a caption; that is until this morning, when I discovered that the frickin' network admin (or whatever title is appropriate) has blocked blogger blogs. One can visit them, sure, but posting or posting comments? Forget about it. Not happening. So please don't think I'm not reading what y'all are writing (about Graduation, new mp3s you made, indie bands, etc. - I simply can't respond to it at work any longer. Thanks a whole heck of a lot, {NAME OF COMPANY I WORK FOR REDACTED}. (I'm typing this on a Pikesville Library PC. Nothing clever to add to that except, like, aren't libraries supposed to be quiet? This one never, ever is. I suppose the muted clamor can be blamed on kids to some extent but adults are just as guilty, if not more so. What happened to having and holding to standards?) Links ahoy: Christy & Emily, Mitch Myers, 5ingles (this week and last week). Also: Fred Thompson's a'comin' (or is he?)!

3 comments:

comoprozac said...

Keep writing. I have a friend who was fired because of a blog I did on the side. Happy birthday, Nodin. Where did that name come from?

brandon said...

I listen to Howard Stern on the way to work and they were playing clips of Fred Thompson, post-presidential announcment, maybe even some kind of PODCAST, but one of his platforms was essentially, how, with all this techology and "good ol' American know-how" we should be able to invent some new kind of fuel. That way, we won't have to depend on Foreign Oil! Amazing.

Unknown said...

As someone who works at a library, I feel your pain. Libraries haven't been quiet for some time now, and it's a damn shame. We only just put up a "put yer cell phones on vibrate, dammit" sign last week, and it sure ain't enforced.

We also just started filtering internet, which makes me die just a little bit more every time I think about it.