Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturdaze

Hey, remember back when Saturdays were invariably awesome?

No? Me neither. This one? Not so great, for reasons I'm not going to get into here. But hope springs eternal. Maybe, just maybe, the other half of today will be a big ol' bundle of fun and/or harmony and a week from now I won't even remember what I'm typing about right now! (Seriously, and this is an open question, how essential and key is hope in life? It gets us through so much. God, thanks for hope! You the man, God! Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I hope.)

Here's a link to the first big feature ever I wrote for Baltimore City Paper, back when I was an unpaid, star-struck intern, about something called "Atomic TV" that I barely even remember now. Found it while looking for articles to bring along to a job interview Monday (See what I did there? Hope rears its fluffy head again!). Aaaaaaannnnnd a review of Turzi's propulsive debut full-length (a band that that Thom finds "inspiring). Aaaand Bring Back the Guns' "No More Good Songs."

No comments: