Wednesday, January 21, 2009

P&J '08: NO CONSENSUS, SUCKAS

It's Pazz & Jop time again, kids. They ran this, one of the the nine comments I submitted:

R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls. Not so much because I'm forced to bid adieu to yet another repository of sparkling crit wit and talent, or because another stream of steady work's gone dry, but because now my excuse to pummel Whiney with babbling e-mails all day when I'm supposed to be working is no more.

Anyway, here's my ballot:

ALBUMS


Matmos, Supreme Balloon Matador
Atlas Sound, Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel Kranky
Prurient, And Still, Wanting No Fun
Ponytail, Ice Cream Spiritual! We Are Free
The Silver Jews,
Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea Drag City
Burning Star Core,
Challenger Hospital
Clipse, Road to Till the Casket Drops Re-Up
Harry Pussy, You'll Never Play This Town Again Load
Thurston Moore,
Sensitive/Lethal No Fun
Cash Slave Clique,
White Props Panic Research Audio


SINGLES


Scott Weiland, "Paralysis" Softdrive
Juliette Commagere,
"Your Ghost" Aeronaut
Lil Wayne feat. Juelz Santana,
"Always Strapped" Young Money
Stylophonic,
"R U Experienced?" Universal Italy
Lindstrom,
"Where You Go I Go Too" Smalltown Supersound
Religious Knives,
"On a Drive" Ecstatic Peace!
Akon feat. Lil Wayne,
"I'm So Paid" Konvict Muzik / Universal Motown
Eric Copeland,
"Alien in a Garbage Dump" Paw Tracks
Coldplay,
"Viva La Vida" Parlophone
Rosemary Krust,
"Private Amber" MT6/Spleen Coffin

No comments: