Monday, March 23, 2009

"Big Willie Style"


The Beyonder: Why do this?

Galactus: The thing is, I want to do what's right – for both of us. I spent a lot of time…examining…my heart. And I felt that you deserved my honesty.

The Beyonder: Well, listening to you, um, it's relaxing. I haven't slept in a while and - and I've had this headache.


Galactus: Because yesterday I walked out of the joint wearing my entire wardrobe and you're cold-decking TeenBeat cover boys.

The Beyonder: Yeah. Me too.

Galactus: Yeah, but we're not talking. I'm talking.

The Beyonder: I'm gonna shut up now.

Galactus: Oh, I just love it.

The Beyonder: 'Cause you know I could never hate you. At the same time, I just don't think I could ever…you know…you. In the way you should be…


Galactus: You've been practicing that speech, haven't you?

The Beyonder: Yeah, it is pretty special.

Galactus: And then you take the house.

The Beyonder: So I went and I took all the money I had...

Galactus: And don't say money.

The Beyonder: Listen to me.

Galactus: Really. If you want, please keep talking.

The Beyonder: Forty karat gold-plate inlaid base.

Galactus: I haven't talked to anybody in a while.

The Beyonder: Did I rush it? It felt like I rushed it.


Sources:

The Ocean's Eleven screenplay, written by George C. Johnson and Jack Golden Russell. Dialogue performed by George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

The Bourne Identity screenplay, adapted by Tony Gilroy and William Blake Herron from the Robert Ludlum novel. Dialogue performed by Matt Damon and Franka Potente.

The Happiness screenplay, written by Todd Solondz. Dialogue performed by Jane Adams and John Lovitz.

The Beyonder and Galactus are Marvel Universe characters.

No comments: