Monday, March 02, 2009

TV LOVES YOU BACK MARCH: "Keeping Up Appearances"



That Hyacinth show you stumbled onto - Keeping Up Appearances - is the one I was telling you about. The one I said I really loved and that P and I call my mom 'Hyacinth' because she comes up with similar gems as her - and they have the same hairdo. It's really hilarious. Liz's alleged boyfriend is her divorced brother who moved in with her. The rotund scruffy guy is Ounslow, the jolly woman's husband. The jolly woman is Daisy; believe it or not, she is Hyacinth's sister. The beauty queen is their younger sister, Rose. They have yet another sister named Violet who is often spoken about. She is rich and has a nice house and Hyacinth loves to mention that to all sorts of folks. Whenever Sheridan, the son, calls, Hyacinth usually says "Sheridan, dear, how closely phsyically linked we are. I was just thinking of you, and you rang your mommy." But its funny, because he wasn't calling to say hi; he was calling for money for whatever ridiculous project du jour he and Tarquin were up to: making curtains, making their own clothes, joining some sort fo freedom party, taking a trip to Iceland, buying silk PJs, etc.

Remember sometime back i sent you a list of Hyacinth quotes?

"Ah, you must know my sister Violet, who has a sauna, a swimming pool, and room for a pony."

No comments: